Menu Close

HMRC Online Chat Is Open For The Following Hours

HMRC Online Chat

Monday – Friday:              08:00 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday                               08:00 am – 08:00 pm
Sunday:                                 08:00 am – 04:00 pm

The HMRC online chat service runs in its website to help answer your questions. The support team will not have access to your account. And provide you with best possible information regarding accounts, services, payments and general inquiries. HMRC stands for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs. It is a governmental department of UK that deals with collection of taxes, payments of state support and nation minimum wages etc. The online chat service helps the customers in instant communication without waiting in long queues via emails and phone calls. There is qualified and experienced support team for dealing with customers through this great service.

The Live Chat option is available in the middle of the page once you scroll down. Click on the Chat button under the heading “Web Chat” and it will redirect you to a chat box to talk with the member of support team unless the advisers of web chat are busy. You can wait until an adviser is available to chat.

To access the HMRC online chat you can click on the image below

HMRC online chat

See the other organizations in the live chat directory by clicking here

The information above is gathered by the LiveChatDirectory editorial team. If there are any companies in the UK that we have missed, or if we have missed your company, please let us know by contacting us via email. The contact information can be found in our contact us page.


  1. Dorothy ANITA Henry

    I received an automated call, apparently from HMRC, telling me that if I did not press 1, an immediate warrant would be issued for my imminent arrest on charges of fraud. I did not press 1 as I thought it might be a scam but i urgently require confirmation that there is no such fraud case as I am completely unaware of any action against me. The call came from 00 44 20 3170 2216.

  2. kim ebling

    This morning I have received a recorded call reportedly form HMRC, calling from 02038741965 – stating there was a tax fraud case against my name and I should press 1 – tried calling back and the number was unavailable. To whom do I report this?

  3. Graham P. Harris

    This morning, I received a recorded message call on my i-phone purporting to be from HMRC, and stating that my phone number was associated with a tax-fraud case. It went on to request that I should press 1 on my keyboard for further info. Believing this to be a scam, I hung up, noted the senders phone number as 01332 601109 (Derby land line) and called it back – it was unavailable.
    To whom should I report this?

  4. Jane employer at G.M Luff Ltd ex Michael Miller

    an employee is being told by HMRC that she is not employed when she is
    we issued a P45 on one company and immediately put her on an other company
    she needs her pension to be tax code BR but is being told this can’t happened until
    we the employer gets into contact with you

  5. Rosalind Taylor

    I successfully helped Michael Taylor apply for help through the self employed support scheme today on my laptop , but he was unable to apply for the first tranche of assistance as his computer died and he had no email . He clearly should have been able to access help . Is it to late for his application for the first payment to be reviewed in these circumstances?

  6. Yvonne wills

    Good morning I am with 4th Broadstairs Scout group.
    I submitted a gift aid form as a charity repayment claim at the beginning of may2020, but as yet I have not heard back from HMRC.
    I appreciate thing’s are not as they were due to the Pandemic but I am enquiring as to how far our claim has got to.

  7. J Y Gall

    I have just realised that I under declared my last year’s Self Assessment by £80 – can I simply add the figure to the Self Assessment for 2019-2020?

  8. Lin Lamont

    Morning, I hope you can help – I am not sure what to do for the best – I re-instated our direct debit on the 24th June but I have just realised that the 1/4ly payment has not been taken from our account this month. I don’t know whether there is a problem with the bank or the HMRC have been too busy to claim it. I don’t know whether to make a manual payment or not to the HMRC or wait for it to be claimed. What would you advise please?
    Kind regards.

  9. Dimitri Sarantis


    I have just been offered a company car for work and I believe this might of change my tax code, PW882172A. I use to have my own car but now changed to company car which I believe there’s a tax implication for this benefit and wanted to update the HMRC.

    How do I go about going this ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *